Culinary Science Basics
- Introduces the fundamental concepts of food science, including the chemistry of cooking, nutritional content, and the role of temperature and time in cooking.
- Interactive sessions demonstrate scientific principles through cooking experiments, engaging students in the magic of food transformation.
Exploring Global Cuisines
- Students explore diverse culinary traditions, learning about the science behind various regional ingredients and cooking methods.
- Each student prepares dishes from different cultures, understanding the science that makes each cuisine unique.
- Focus on the journey of food from farm to table, emphasizing sustainable agriculture and local sourcing.
- Students will participate in activities like farm visits and cooking with freshly sourced ingredients, linking agricultural practices to food science.
Food Technology and Innovation
- Introduction to modern food technology, including food preservation methods, genetic modification, and innovative cooking techniques like molecular gastronomy.
- Hands-on sessions with tools like sous-vide machines and dehydrators, exploring the science behind these culinary innovations.
Nutrition and Dietetics
- Educating about balanced diets, nutritional needs, and the science of food's impact on health and well-being.
- Students create meal plans and analyze dietary choices, applying their understanding of nutritional science.
Sensory Evaluation Workshops
- Exploring the science of taste, smell, and texture, and how they influence our perception of food.
- Workshops include taste tests and flavor pairing exercises, teaching students the art and science of creating harmonious dishes.
Guest Lectures from Food Scientists and Chefs
- Inviting professional chefs and food scientists to share insights on the latest trends and research in food science.
- Interactive Q&A sessions for students to engage with experts and gain inspiration.
Continuous Culinary Projects
- Students undertake ongoing projects to create innovative dishes, integrating scientific principles with culinary skills.
- Regular presentations allow students to showcase their creations and discuss the science behind their culinary choices.